Friday, November 7, 2008

Where we tried to sleep last night and a few other things...





OK, so the pics are from the attempt last night of me sleeping on the couch and Ben sleeping on the cushions covered in blankets on the floor. Yes, I do have a very sweet husband who came up with this idea and was willing to sleep in our living room until December! The couch is softer than the bed, and takes pressure off of my hips so I don't have agonizing pain all night. However, the couch needs to be a bit WIDER (as I am) so that I do not feel like I am sleeping in a coffin. The blankets kept falling and some part of me would half hang off as I moved at night. Good news, NO HIP PAIN! Bad news, by 1:30 a.m., I woke up my wonderful husband and had him come back upstairs with me to go to bed. The claustrophobia beat out the hip pain. Well, it was worth a shot. As Ben left this morning, he said that there has to be someplace in this house I can get a good nights rest:) I think the only thing close will be me at Sutter Roseville on pain meds after giving birth. As much as I am always still uncomfortable after having a baby, there is nothing like the sleep of relief once they are on the outside!

On another note, I am happy to say that our Christmas (and Emma birthday shopping) is officially done! Nathan and I went out this morning and finished it up. All I need is wrapping paper. Well, and for Christmas I would love for these babies to come out!

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

Oh, I know how you feel! Nothing works...the sleep you get after they are born is just wonderful! Ahhhh....