Well...obviously I am still alive and so is Ben, no fires or anything. Instead it was a very generous person leaving something unexpected on our doorstep. I'm glad they do not know I thought they were an angry mob. Well, maybe they do now if it is anyone reading this?? Ben tried to run out to see who it was but no luck. Doorbell ditching at it's finest. And maybe I should control my overactive brain!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
When your heart jumps out of your chest....
So I won't post any quotes here from certain groups making threats against LDS people. But let's just say that after hearing about some things online, Ben and I couldn't help but take a look. There was everything from threats to burning down our buildings to hunting down those who contributed to the Yes on 8 Campaign. Now, I know people say a lot of things they wouldn't really do. But, it's Saturday evening, everything is quiet and dark and you start to wonder if people really will start to attempt some insane things. There was a website created to have people identify LDS contributors. One blogger "threatens" to go after these people. So after having a good laugh at most of these threats, Ben went back into his computer cave. The house is quiet, children in bed, it's around 8 p.m. or so--Dark, you get the picture. We then hear the doorbell being rung LOUDLY! You know, one of those rings where someone has pushed it a few times or so. My heart really did about stop. I am picturing Ben going down stairs to be confronted by an angry mob at the door. They drag him outside and beat him up or something and then prepare to torch our house. Now this all runs through my head very quickly. I freeze, listen at the top of the stairs, quickly wondering where in the heck our gun is in case I have to pull off a Scarlet O'Hara.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, I would have jumped too, and/or just have been freaked out! I am glad that it was a generous person instead..I don't really want to think that someone could have been threatened by an angry mob!
Have you heard about the protests here in Salt Lake? I think that they should use up their stamps as soon as they can by sending letters to President Monson...they would only go straight to the trash anyway. And why not...stamps are going to go up again next year as it is!
Good luck with your pregnancy; I hope you are able to sleep better in the future!
I had hip problems toooo!!!But what can I say-I didn't have twins I dont really know what you are going through. The reward is grand though- they will be beautiful babies worth all the hip pain in the world. I love your mac and cheese comment-- never tried it that way though... Love the drawing Bailey
Post a Comment