

So I have to document the wonderful things my kids say... I'll include some pictures so it's not so boring to look at!
November 4th, Voting Day: Bailey told me that they voted in their class.
Me: Who did you vote for?
Bailey: Joe Bidden
Me:Oh, really? Why?
Bailey: Because he has a cool name. HE sounds like a rock star! And John McCain just sounds like candy...
Later, while at dinner at my mom's we are re-telling this story. He lets us know some additional reasons why he voted like he did.
Bailey: Because the other guy had a GIRL with him!
Me: You mean Sarah Pallin?
My Mom: Your mom is a girl.
Me: Wouldn't you vote for me?
Bailey: Umm, maybe. What are you promising?
So I had to come to terms with the fact that my son wrote Barack Obama on his paper at school to turn it in. I don't think we talked much about the presidential race in front of him. Barack didn't need Bailey's help to win though.
Emma's favorite thing to say every time we drove down Sunrise this past weekend: "Look! "S on 8 signs"! They are having a Hooray!" Translation: Look at the Yes on 8 signs. They are having a parade.
My kids also called that vote and said there were a lot more people out with Yes on 8 signs than No on 8, so it would win. They liked seeing all the people with signs that matched the bumper sticker on our car. Maybe I should have put a McCain sticker on there for Bailey.
No comments:
Post a Comment