


Just posting some older pics and some not so old I had on our computer. They are cute, so why not share:) Plus I don't like blogging without pictures. Today's entry is about our car rides. Now, I don't listen to the radio when Bailey and Emma are in the car. Partially because I am not sure they need to be listening to the radio, and partially because this is the time they LOVE to talk, talk , talk...Some of our more recent topics have been:
1. Ways we die: This has come up multiple times. One conversation in the past involved them asking questions about if we are naked when we die. Bailey's logic was that we would only be naked when we die if we were in the shower and someone came in and stabbed us. Morbid, I know. But logically, I guess that is true. Today it came up again because they asked where I got a jewelry box that is in our car. I explained that it was my grandmother's before she died. They asked how she died, I explained from cancer. So then they wanted to know what cancer was. Best I could explain is that it is a sickness in your body. Bailey then listed a bunch of ways someone could die: swords, war, or just getting old.
2. We are omnivores: Emma brought up this one. I told her to truly be an omnivore you have to eat things that are green and meat. I don't know what Emma would be classified as. Maybe a sweetavore.
3. Fruit: Where does it grow, above or under the ground. Why are raisins really grapes?
4. Rhyming words: They each take turns and tell me as many rhymes as they can. Some are interesting, but thankfully they have all been clean and no accidental words have come out:)
5. Wishes: They always want to talk about what they wish for and what I wish for. The list changes for them all the time. Bailey always ends up telling is we can have more than three because there are just too many things he wants.
6. What I did as a child: So, this morning Bailey wanted to know what I did for fun as a little girl. I told him we used to have a huge backyard (he wouldn't understand acres). I used to play with my friends in an apple tree that was sometimes a star trek ship and sometimes a fairy house, make forts, run around in "King's Canyon" (a part of our land that our friends eventually built a house on), played Star Search, etc... I also had my own clubhouse from some building we had on the side of our house. My parents let me clean it out and put stuff in it. Well as I am telling him this, he was getting so jealous. He asked if my friends were over a lot and I said it seemed like that. At one time, my best friend lived on our property in a trailer (with her family while their house was being built). He thought that was the coolest thing ever. I have to admit, it does sound pretty cool. We didn't even have a t.v for a while when I was growing up, but we had lots of room to play. Benji keeps hinting that someday we will live out a little ways to have some land around us. Well, until now, I thought no way! (My logic is because if someone is coming after you no one can hear you scream. I'm nuts, I know) But maybe, just maybe it might work. As long as we are within very close range to civilization.
Then Bailey asked what I did when I was seven. I told him Aunt Niki and Uncle Curtis were born around then, so I helped take care of them. I emphasized this so when the twins come, he will think it is really cool to help out!
Anyway, I really wish I could record half the things in our conversations in the car. We have a long drive to school and back, so there is lots of time. Although they all three are constantly trying to talk over the other one (Nathan just says Mommy! See doggies! so he has something to say). But we have tried to take turns and give equal time. By the time all five are older, we'll have to have a longer commute to school just to have enough time!
No comments:
Post a Comment