Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Most Beautiful Thing About Chuck E . Cheese



So ignore that you can see my thumb around her neck.  I was trying to help get her face in the camera at the right angle (don't want to waste that token!).  One of the machines at Chuck E. Cheese takes a picture and then turns it into a drawing.  I think it turned out so cute, I saved it. Emma went to her first school friend birthday party last Saturday.  I decided to take her instead of Ben.  I thought it would be easier on me than staying home with the other two. Yah, that wasn't correct.  Emma was a little nervous and wanted me to walk around with her and help her do the games.  It was so insane there I think she was a little overwhelmed.  I think there were about 4 birthday parties going on at once.  Lots of the parents stayed, and some did not.  One actually tried to get me to watch her little girl so she could leave!  Thank goodness she was only hinting and waiting for the offer.  I mean, come on!  Yes, let me watch your crazy little girl and my nervous one while I am very pregnant with twins.  Please, can I?!  I would have flat out told her no (nicely of course).  But I think she got the hint when I didn't take the bait.  Emma had fun, eating pizza and cake.  I sat and chatted with some of the parents which can always be an interesting experience.  I am somewhat of an oddity, as I am only 29 and about to have 5 children.  There are only two other families that I know of with the same amount at the kid's school. One is another LDS family, the other the family of a crazy doula who has this weird raspy voice and I think breast fed her children until Kindergarten or something.  I am younger than both of these moms.  And you can now see another good reason to have my blog private so I don't accidentally offend any of these people.  What was nice is that one mom said how exciting it was that we had such a big family.  She only has one, but they wanted a lot more.  They bought a six (yes SIX!) bedroom house intending to fill it with children.  Well, only one has come and now he is 7.  She sounded a little sad that she couldn't have a bigger family.  So, with all my horrible aches and pains, I should be grateful that I can have children very easily.  I do have to admit that being grateful is not the first thing on my list right now, as I am preoccupied with my body not functioning well right now.  I would like to say that I will try to enjoy this time as so many do not get to experience pregnancy.  But I won't, sorry.  I'm tired, hurting and am counting down the days.  :)

No comments: