

As I sat with Nathan while he ate his applesauce for lunch, I realized how different it will be in a few months! I wouldn't say it is spoiling him, but I sat there as he ate and wiped his face off with a napkin every time he got it on the outside of his mouth. Nathan is particular like that. He hates to be dirty and eating sometimes. Other times, he really doesn't care and I don't know what makes a difference. From 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. it is just the two of us. Soon, it will be just the four of us!!! I think he'll have to wipe his own mouth then:)
We also spent the morning at his new doctor's office. When I say morning, it is because we got there at 8:55 a.m. and left at 10:15! I cannot say that I am impressed, as they are no Dr. Fujikawa (his last doctor who I saw growing up!). The nurse looked about 12 and did not interact with him very much. I think she didn't want to break a nail. We actually didn't even see the doctor, but the nurse practitioner. He was nice, but I think is used to a different, um, clientele? Here is the best example:
NP(nurse practitioner): Does he get more than 16 ounces of milk each day?
Me: Yes, a lot more than that. I think it is closer to 24.
NP: Well, it is very important that he gets at least 16 ounces of milk each day.
Umm, yah, got that. I am also pretty sure that 24 is more than 16, right? I mean I know I have pregnancy brain and all, but I'm pretty sure about numbers under 100. So this went on, asking questions, etc... Can he say 7-20 words? Yes, he's said about 15 just while you have been in here. Does he play well with his siblings? Does beating them up count, then yes.
Anyway, good news is our short legged little munchkin has had a spurt! He is now in 50th percentile for both height and weight! Considering he used to be 50th for weight and just under 30th for height, this is great. He's dead center, middle of the road, well proportioned little boy. Although his head is in the 75th percentile! But considering the NP commented on how intelligent he was, it's probably that big old brain:)
No comments:
Post a Comment