Saturday, November 1, 2008

Latest Doctor's Appointment




So, I do not have pictures of myself, or new ultrasound pictures yet, so I put this cute little clip art of a woman and her doctor. What is missing from this picture is the husband at the appointment and he and the doctor talking about the law for 30 minutes.

Yes, it was quite the interesting doctor's appointment. He measured me (I am measuring at 35 weeks and am only 27, which is right on target for twins). We listened to the heartbeats (good, both there). He said I need to relax these next six week (OK?!) and take it easy. I am doing too much right now, keep those babies in, etc.. All of this took about five minutes.... However we did not leave for another half hour.

Well, this is the first time Ben has been to the doctor with me (since Emma). He was so nice to take the day off, Nathan was at grandma's, etc.. When the doctor said that my 34 weeks was December 15th. Ben laughed and said,"My last week of finals"
The doctor then inquired what he was studying. The conversation went on to explain law school, McGeorge, 3rd year, evening program, you know all the info.

How nice to have a doctor interested in your family life, right? Well, yes, even if they are so interested, they keep the conversation going, asking about what classes are like, what kind of law he wants to practice, sharing his med school stories. Now Ben cannot resist someone who is interested in law! So they had the best time, and I just sat there and smiled....

I mean, it was amusing. I tried not to think about the pregnant woman in the next room waiting to get her babies heart beat checked. But, I am hoping there wasn't one and that he had some extra time. At least now, I automatically look smarter since I have a law student for a husband. Ben and I actually laughed about it on the way home. It is never bad for your doctor to think you are smart and interesting. It makes the time when I have to push to have a vaginal delivery a little easier. At least he knows we are pretty together people.

I go in for another ultrasound in two weeks. They should see how big the babies are and all that good stuff. I think they are head down as it feels like four feet kicking me in the belly button all day. As for now, everything is good. I just have to keep cooking them. Well, at least until December 17th at 9: 05 p.m. Ben will be out of his last final. If anyone needs me, I will be running out side, or knocking doors to find a trampoline.

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

Keep cooking away! The NICU is no fun...great that it's there, but no fun. Stay off your feet sister!