Monday, November 17, 2008

The Ultrasound and Update

So, not these are not my baby ultrasound pictures, obviously.  These are just pics of some cute girl twins I found online.  I'm sure Kate and Addison will be cuter, though:)  So, here are the stats--

-Both babies are head down!!!!! They are side by side.  If you are facing me, Kate is slightly lower on the right(my left) and Addison is a little higher on the left (my right).  Addison is sort of bent as her feet are leaning towards Kate.

-Both babies weight (within an ounce of each other) about 3 and a half pounds.  They measure closer to 32 weeks as opposed to my 30.  This is great for them, not so fun for my stretched belly.  But they are obviously very healthy.

-My cervical length  (don't you just want to know!) is at a 3.5  From what I can find online, normal is between a 3-5, with 3-4 being very normal for how far along I am.  

-Fluid levels are even and full and great on both babies

So, everything looks good and boring just as my doc predicted.  I am a baby factory!

On a side note, funny thing: The tech had an intern with her she was showing how to do a multiple scan.  So, I'm laying there, my pants pulled down a little more than I'd like due to the baby's heads being so low (I was covered by a towel, though).  The intern then looks at me and says "Hey, did you used to work at Standard Register?  I'm Keith, your old supervisor!"
He's probably mid to late 50s, nice guy, always was chipper.  Nice, small world where you can end up exposed to your old boss.  Obviously the forms business isn't doing so well anymore.  


2 comments:

Cadle Clan said...

Great news! I am so excited for you. I'm sure your babies will be happy and healthy! Just stay put and rest (don't you love when people say that). I thought it would be a lot more hectic than it is. A lot of down time thanks to newborns sleeping so much. It's the night time feeds that can take about 1hr.

Unknown said...

I never check blogs, but happened today and what a funny post! Congratulations? Are you having a baby shower?? Or maybe you already had one. I feel so out of it these days. Anyways, Congratulations again!