Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More Updates


So, I feel enormous, hence this particular picture as my visual.  Last doctor's appointment I had lost one pound, well, this one I gained 4.  So much for that.  But hopefully that means that the babies are gaining some good weight not just me:)  
I had my first NST on Monday.  It's a Non-Stress Test.  They hook my belly up, and put a monitor on each baby to check out the heartbeat, etc...  Both girls were jumping around so much it took the nurse a while to get me hooked into everything.  They kept kicking off the monitor.  Everything looks good and I have to go in for another one on Thursday.  Twice a week for me until the babies come.  
I did have a not so nice week of contractions last week that my doctor was not very happy about.  But I can get them to go away eventually.  
So nothing too new to report.  I am just asked to take it easy and not let my body get to where it was last week (when all three kids were at home the whole week!) and I should be good.  So, of course more sitting sitting sitting.  
My doctor did give me the greatest concoction for being able to sleep through the night (previously I was averaging 2-3 hours total).  I take two Tylenol, two Benadryl, sit with a heating pad before bed and surround myself with pillows once I go to sleep.  Well, it worked last night, no we'll see how this goes regularly.  

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

oh, not sleeping is the worst. It's harder to fall asleep when you have to sit for most of the day. Not very exciting! I know everyone says this, but only a few more weeks. Luckily, if they were born now, you would be fine....modern medicine is a great thing, but if you can avoid the NICU, that's ideal! :)