Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not a Bad Day at the Dr.

Today I let my doc know what has been going on these past few days since my hospital trip Sunday (nausea, contractions, etc...)  He quickly took me in across the hall for an ultrasound to make sure they were both head down and fluid levels were good. Then we got to have the delivery talk.  His opinion is this week or by next week at the latest I will be giving birth.  He is completely OK with a vaginal delivery.  He did say if the second baby turns after the first is delivered we can decide to have a c-section or have the baby turned or deliver breech.  At least that is an option.  I will be delivering in an Operating Room and he strongly suggests an epidural (no argument here!) He said that even if my contractions are not 5 minutes apart, but they get pretty bad to still come in and get checked.  He thinks my labor will be pretty short.  He also said he won't make me continue on too long having afternoons and evenings filled with terrible contractions making me sick.  As to exactly what that means, we will talk Friday about that.  I had to rush to get the kids from school so I didn't have time to go into it.  So, I go back this Friday unless the babies come before then.  Everything looks good health wise, so I am excited to finally have this all over!  Oh, and I lost another pound and a half.  That 2 1/2 pounds in the last 5 days.  Guess it's the nausea...  Thank goodness Christmas is coming so I can pack it on again:)

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

I can't believe you're done (or almost done). I'm so excited! I want to come visit you when you have the babies.