Saturday, December 6, 2008

Have to Post this, if even just to remember it!

If you remember a previous post when I talked about how my doctor talked to Ben for a half hour during one of my appointments all about law school, etc... then this is just a continuation.  You might want to go back and read it in the archives.

So this last appointment I had the doctor said I was done pretty quickly with my NST.  He asked how studying was going for my husband.  I told him fine, except he lost 20 pages of his outline for his upcoming final.  Oh no!  My doctor felt so bad for him (I really do to, although it is funny when your OB does as well).  Then he asked-does he have a good place to study, etc... Then he told me some medical school stories about him at UCLA med school in the 80s and how technology has changed so much and is probably more helpful for studying.

Then, he asked how much time Ben would have off.  I assumed he meant when the babies were born (I mean, that is why I am even here right?)  Well, no after I told him he would only take off the hospital time, he said he meant how much time in between when his finals were done and when he would have to start the new semester.  Three weeks, I answered.  He sighed and as I was leaving said well tell him to take it easy.

REALLY?!  Those are your parting words to me as I am getting unhooked from a machine that is monitoring two crazy babies inside a very cramped and stretched uterus with three other kids at home....OK.  Now, please don't get me wrong, I am not really that upset.  My husband works extremely hard, especially now as he works full time, is in the middle of finals, and I am unable to barely lift a finger for fear these babies will come out during the dreaded Con Law final.  I think I am just picturing me in Labor and Delivery, waiting in between twins to come out and my doctor says-hey can you hold off pushing one second, I wanted to ask your husband about this legal issue I am having....

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

Love it! Talk about stealing your thunder...you should have all the focus! Twins is quite the ordeal! (I know law school is pretty important too...it will provide those little things like food on the table and shelter....)