Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Why Should a Burrito cost more than a Taco???

OK, so this is very very random, but absolutely nothing is new with me on the baby home front.  During Nathan's pregnancy and this current one, I am very reliant on bean and cheese burritos from Taco Bell.  I order mine with no onions or sauce, though.  The nice things about bean burrito are:
1. You can eat them while driving to pick up your kids from school, unlike a taco that just makes a mess all over your pregnant belly.  
2. They aren't bad for you. Beans, cheese and a tortilla, not too bad (at least that's what my nutrition teacher quite a few years ago said.
3. They taste good and for some reason hit the spot with me.

and #4 that is no longer true. They are 99 cents, sometimes even 89 cents!

It was always so easy to scrounge together four quarters and some pennies for the tax to be able to have my little burrito.   I can find that kind of change in my husband's desk drawer (sorry, honey!) almost anytime.  
For some reason, almost all of the Taco Bell's (there are a few exceptions) have decided that now I should pay 1.19 for a burrito!!!  They have this wonderful value menu and want to charge 1.19 for me to have some beans cheese and a tortilla!!!!  So, now instead of having to come up with a little over a dollar in change, I must find 1.28 (with tax).  For some reason, I always seem to fall short in finding this in my car.  The dollar portion alone is hard enough. On top of that, I think it is weird to pay more for the plain burrito than for some fancy thing on the dollar menu. 
So, I do still have them sometimes, but what ends up happening is that I don't have enough change and I have to use the check card.  Well, I feel odd putting 1.28 on the card, so of course, I have to get nachos and a drink as well, maybe even some cinnamon twists for the kids so they feel special.  Then my 99 cent burrito turns into 4 dollar heartburn...


Enough of that, here is some sort of update on me and the babies:
My stomach is now 41 weeks big.  My shirts do not cover my belly and it is getting quite annoying.
I have to pee constantly with two babies heads on my bladder! (didn't you want to know!)
I go in twice a week for the NST (non stress tests).  The girls still hate the monitors and kick them off. Yesterday it took three nurses to get them hooked up right, and then they moved or something and it ended up monitoring only one baby for 20 minutes (the doctor was not too happy when he came in to see that had happened and had to fix it himself).
My regular nurse had to have her hip replaced, so there is a new girl (and I do mean girl) trying to get everything done for my visits.  I had to tell her I was having twins because she didn't even read my chart before bringing me into the room.  She was trying to only monitor one baby.  
I am gaining crazy weight--three pounds since last Thursday.  Hopefully most of that is going to the babies!
The girls are both active, beating up my stomach regularly which is wonderful.  
I am still having contractions here and there (mostly when I do too much).  But I have confidence I will be able to keep these babies in until after Ben's finals.  Probably by then they will decide they don't want to come out anyway and I will be extremely unhappy!
We are also beginning our hermit phase.  Not wanting to be in too much contact with the outside world.  Pretty much everyday my answer to how are you feeling will be: I am tired, I hurt, I can barely walk and I am often a little too grouchy.

That's all for now!

2 comments:

Gleason Family said...

Hang in there! You're such a trooper. I try so hard not to complain being pregnant, but it's so hard! The aches and pains... And you have 2 in there! I can't imgaine!!! can't wait to see these little baby girls!! I'll keep visiting the blog for updates. :)

Cadle Clan said...

You're doing great. You're almost done....one more week, right? Then you can go jump on a trampoline and take get those girls out!