Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Updates:)

I am waiting for Bailey to fall asleep so I can get Christmas stuff put downstairs.  Thought I would post since lots has happened and I haven't updated.  So I will post pictures as soon as I take some more.  The hospital took come really cute ones but I would have to scan them in and I just don't wanna right now:)

1. The girl's were transfered Monday to Sutter Memorial downtown.  This is because Sutter Roseville only takes Medi-cal for emergencies and the girls are no longer critical.  So I went down to see them with Bailey and Emma before they left and Benji met them down town.  He works not too far away.  They took an ambulance ride to get there.  Silly, yes, to expensively transfer babies because two hospitals who take in money as one unit have a policy.  But we are past that now:)  Or trying to be.  Ben said he wishes he were Eli Stone...

2. Girls are doing well, both in "big girl beds" as Ben calls them.  This means just a little plastic looking tub thing, but it is good because they have to be in those in order to pass to come home.  

3. Jaundice: Oh, fun-- Addison is not as bad as Kate.  Neither have had to go under the lights, but Kate is a possibility.  So we'll see.

4. Eating- well, Addison is again warming up to the bottle.  She takes most of her feedings from it.  Kate, not keen on that as she does not like to work for her food.  But in talking to the doctor, he said it is developmental.  So practice doesn't matter as much as one day it just clicks.  It can literally happen overnight sometimes.  Most babies learn that in the womb at 36 weeks (which would be Monday), some at 37.  So this is really what we are waiting for.  

Really, it stinks not having them with us.  Just not fun at all, even the extra sleep and less work does not make it worth it.  When the girls were transferred, Ben saw a little baby that was in intensive care there who came in August.  She was born just over 1 pound.  She is now looking like a little baby, but has been in the hospital since AUGUST!  Oh my goodness, those poor parents.  Makes the short few weeks we have to endure seem miniscule.  Our days right now are all about being with our kids at home and trying to get back in the groove and spending time at the hospital.  It's just like everything else with us for the past many years :)  Let's just dig in and get it done.  Thank goodness Ben has time off school right now!  

Cute baby pictures to come!!!

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

I understand about the whole bottle thing. It does just click one day. One day they will be taking some feeds bottle and the others through the tube, and the next, they take all their feeds with a bottle. It's amazing. I'm glad your kids could see the babies....what a beautiful family!