Monday, December 29, 2008

A change of clothes always makes things better...


Addison wiped out from nursing and taking her bottle






Kate is pretty pooped too, although she did not work as hard for her food.  I think she could have done better as she was definitely up for taking pictures!



Tonight, I took the girls some onsies from home.  They are size newborn for 5-8 pounders, so I was pretty sure they would fit.  They are much better than the plain old hospital wear the girls had.  Now they are the most fashionable in Room E of the Special Care Nursery!

Addison is now 5 lbs. 6 oz., Kate 5 lbs. 7 oz.

Addison nursed really well last night, not so well tonight, but she does try and she did finish her entire bottle for me.  Kate took 10 ml from me which she never does (this is out of 50).  She took 24 ml for a nurse once, but she doesn't make a habit of it.  So, we are moving forward.  I had misunderstood one of the nurses (who had a thick accent in my defense) that the girls would be put together.  I thought she meant in one bed, which confused me because they are anti-that. What she meant was their beds would be next to each other.  Before they were across the room and now their beds are next to each other.  It makes it easier to visit with both of them and not walk back and forth.  They both stayed awake during the entire feeding time, which was nice for me to get a chance to talk some sense into them.  I explained that they could not come home until this eating thing was mastered.  So, we shall see if they listen....

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

That's great they are right next to each other. It's so much easier! My girls were in totally seperate rooms for a long time- you feel like a bad mom if you spend more time with one than the other. They are looking so great. Thanks for keeping the blog updated!