Monday, December 15, 2008

Fun Update

Here's what happened Sunday a.m. (early early!).  A contraction woke me up and I felt like I had soaked the bed.  Well, I didn't but it was enough to make me think I did more than just pee my pants.  Well, better to be safe than sorry.  So I convinced my husband I could go alone to the hospital and have them check.  I wasn't too sure that it had happened as I was asleep and sleeping pretty well.  Who knows?  So I got there and no, it was not my water (lovely....)  But once she got me hooked up I was having contractions every 7-10 minutes and I am dilated to a 3.  That was a surprise.  I was there for 1 1/2 hours because they could not get a good solid 20 minutes of heartbeats from the girls.  Not because they aren't doing well, but because they like to move around so much the monitors can't detect well.  So, during this the contractions are pretty much not fun.  The nurse said I would have needed to come in anyway because I was obviously having more than six an hour, which is the "requirement" to be checked.  Once they got what they wanted from the twins, I was told that I could go home and come back when my contractions get to be five minutes apart.  Sort of a graduation, I guess.  All day, I still had them about 10 minutes apart for most of the time.  I slept a lot as I had not all night before.  I was so sick and nauseous most of the time, that it was quite a not fun day!  But I am still here as they never progressed past ten minutes apart.  Although Ben said it's fine and don't worry about his Wednesday night final, I really was and now it looks like I should be good to go past then.  But the nurse did tell me to pack my hospital bags (no I hadn't before that, oops!) and be ready.  Ready meaning anytime or in a few weeks.  Don't you just love that.  So I'll go about my business and just try not to think about it.  At this point, my doc has said babies are good to go if they come, so I am at least over that hurdle, I guess.  Now I just have to push them out!  The joys.... :)

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

so exciting! We're hoping for Wednesday night!