Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Post Just For Me

So if you are only interested in cute kid pictures, feel free to skip this one!

A few new things I have learned as a mom:

1. Do not wear a purple bra, then put on a white shirt thinking you will change before you have to get out of the car to pick your kids up from school.  You won't.

2. Do not leave french fries in the oven while you are getting ready to leave for ballet class thinking you will remember to turn off the oven and take them out before you go. You won't.

3. Do not look at your son's bike and think the handle is a little too close to the garage door, but you will remember to pull it out of the way later. You won't.

4. Do not think that just because all is quiet, all is well. It isn't.

Luckily, I have actually learned something about being a mom and none of the above things resulted in chaos. 

As soon as I first put on the white shirt, had the thought of changing later, I changed THEN! Because I would have been quite the site at school.

I turned the oven off even though the french fries weren't quite done because I envisioned coming home to a smoke filled, burned french fry smelling house. 

I turned back around in the garage to put the bike away after first thinking I would do it later.  Because I wouldn't, and Ben would come home to a broken garage door!

As for the quiet, let's just say I only trust Nathan to be quiet in one of two places: 1. laying down for a nap, or 2. strapped into his car seat!

So, as I said, this post is just for me:)  To remind myself that I have been paying attention these last eight years. And to remember that no matter what went wrong in a day, it could have been a lot worse!

3 comments:

The Bradford Bunch said...

So true!

The Wigginton Family said...

Can I just say that you're awesome! I hope to be an on the ball mom like you someday! Oh yeah, and I read the next post already about the pumpkin patch. Seriously, those twins of yours are angels! Giggling through the park in their stroller. Wow!

Cadle Clan said...

AMEN!