Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Big Storm, Fallen Trees


With the big storm yesterday, our two front birch trees did not make it. Thankfully, I was gone as the tree is laying right where my car normally is.


It pulled the roots out as well.



Ben actually had a dream the night before that he had to leave school because trees were falling down around our house.



So when I pulled up, I called him to tell him he better be careful what he dreams:)



He packed up his stuff and came home. I'll bet he was just a little glad he had to go chop up a tree and skip class (we are at the 1 month, 4 week mark which can produce some senioritis)



We almost sold this chainsaw at one point. Good thing we didn't as the landlord is out of the state for the next few weeks and it came in handy.



It is now all chopped up and sitting in our driveway waiting for
1. the tree guys to come out and give an estimate
or
2. the landlord's wife to come with a truck and haul it away herself. She informed us she is from German stock, has a twin brother and can work in the rain if need be...umm, OK, as long as I can park there soon!

1 comment:

oneHeidifamily said...

I am really, really glad, and happy, for you that your car was not in your driveway at the time those trees came down. And how neat that Ben had the dream the night before...can he dream that some people are no longer in Washington(in office)? I would love THAT dream!!