Saturday, January 10, 2009

Update for Kate the Great

No pictures, sorry.  But Kate is doing really well with her "nippling" (this is what the nurses call it-means taking a bottle).  I think it's the funniest word, but I'm learning lots of new vocabulary.  I no longer think of bottles in ounces (now MLs), and weight in pounds (now in grams!) Kate has a new friend- a male nurse named Jim.  He's a funny long white haired hippie of a man who calls her Katie and Princess.  He thinks she's the greatest thing since the 60's I think:)  

So, for good news- no heart rate drops in almost three days.  She did have one today, but it was right before a HUGE bowel movement, which is typical.  So, as always, up to the doc.  If she masters her eating and continues being able to go into a deep sleep without her heart rate dropping, we should be good to go home soon!  As always, waiting patiently....

No comments: