Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Call from Doc

I asked the nurse to have the doctor call me today so I could ask when she might be able to go home.  Well, Kate's doctor's wife had a new baby the night they were transfered to Sutter Memorial, so he is just now about to come back to work.  I talked to the doctor filling in for him today, and he said he thinks she should go home in about 3-4 days.  This is with no heart rate drops that need stimulation (she usually has them and recovers on her own).  He did say that Dr. Lyons will be back the day after tomorrow, so he would be the one that gets to send her home anyway.  So basically what he's saying is his opinion doesn't matter that much right now, and it will be up to their actual doctor.  Well, THAT helped-thanks a lot! (sarcasm inserted here).  But I do have some form of hope that she might be home by this weekend.  I am also holding on to the possibility it will be a big fat no so I am not too disappointed come this week and she is nearing one month old!  I will try to remember to bring my camera tonight when I go see her so I can get her tube free pictures.  She did lose an ounce yesterday because she hasn't been taking all of her bottles, but as always the nurses say "oh, no big deal!"  If it isn't a big deal, that's fine, but if they are just trying to stay upbeat-I can be done with that!  On our end, we will keep praying for her, bracing ourselves every time we go in to visit and ask about her heart rate, etc....

No comments: