
Nathan holding Addison. He looks unsure of himself, but if it were up to him he wouldn't be having to hold her sitting down with help from us!

Emma loves to use hand sanitizer so she can touch Addison!

Nathan kissing unsuspecting Addison. I had to tell him go for the forehead because his mouth is as big as her head!

Asleep in the same position just like all the hospital pictures we have of her.
Kate, Kate, Kate.... Well, as of last night, she is now upped on her bottle feedings. They are only doing the NG( tube feeding) every third time. She has to do two bottles in a row, then gets s rest with the tube. This is a huge jump for her just from the last four or five days. HOWEVER, her heart rate drops are not desirable. Ben finally got a nurse to explain it to us in more detail. She has heart rate drops called Bradycardia (spelling?!) Anyway, every time the nurses always say "Oh, she recovered on her own, that's great!" What Ben finally got information on is that they happen when she is in deep sleep. Even though she self recovers, that is still not a good thing. She has been having them quite frequently as well. She also just had blood work done and her red blood cell count and hemoglobin are low, which mean she is having trouble getting oxygen to flow. These two things, along with the small holes in her heart all are somewhat related. They are developmental, just like feeding. Her body just has to catch up. Once we have feeding down, it is our last hurdle with her. SO we wait. It could be soon, it could not. We really don't know, and neither do the doctors of any exact time frame when she will be home. Her "issues" are minor compared to so many others in Little Room E where she resides:)
2 comments:
Super cute pictures! Thanks for posting them up as well as with the update with Kate. She's getting better and will be home in no time! :) love you.
Oh, I love the pic of us! I'm not sure how much help I am, but I'm glad that my experience has helped you. It's nice to know that someone else has gone through the same type of things. I hope Kate's "issues" clear up quickly. That's great she's doing better on feeds. Lauren had the same problem-once she gets more oxygen, she won't get tired so easily, and then her feeds will jump and she will be able to do it all on her own. I hope it's soon!
Post a Comment