Saturday, September 5, 2009

Kaci Ray

I've been watching a lot of Food Network lately (I guess a big thank you to the cable guy who gave us free cable and the customer service rep who I called and told about it and said to keep it).  I love the show, Chopped especially.  So I decided that the Orams need a little fancy cuisine in their lives!  The missionaries were coming over for dinner, so who better to experiment on, right? 

Here is my kitchen and the 100 million dishes it took to make the meal.  We had Crackers-and-Parmesan-Crusted Fish Fillets, Parmigiano-Crusted Steak Fries(half of them I added garlic to), steamed vegetables (courtesy of Walmart generic frozen Steamables), and salad.  The recipes were from Rachel Ray in her kid friendly section.  We told the kids it was chicken and they actually ate it.   I know that sounds like a  lot of crusted stuff, but it turned out pretty well.  I forgot to take a picture of the end result!  But unless you can make it fancy on those little plates with the swirly designs from sauce, it really isn't that pretty. 

No comments: