Saturday, September 5, 2009

It has begun.

The month of September is a joyous occasion in this Oram household. It begins on the 1st and ends sometime after the 30th. What is this great holiday you ask? It is Kaci’s Birthday! The wondrous 26th day lands on a Saturday this year. Preparations have already begun for a grand festivus because Kaci will be 30.


I tasked Bailey, since he has super stealth skills, to find out what Kaci wants for the celebration of her long awaited birth. Following are his clandestine skills at work:

Bailey: Hey, Mom, what would you want for your birthday?

Kaci: (not catching on): I don't know.

B: If you could have the thing that you want the most, like Bakugans, or other stuff?

K: Um, clothes.

B: Is there anything else that you want that is very special?

K (she is starting to get it because I never like to buy her clothes): Nope, just clothes.

B: (sheepish grin) OK.

K: Who asked you to ask me that?

B: It's a surprise and a secret.

K: Remember I said you have to tell me all secrets so I can tell you if you can keep them?

B: This one is different. It's super special!

K: (bugged him a bit more)

B: (didn't budge)

B: Hey, mom, when is daddy going to be home?

K: You will see him tomorrow afternoon.

B: Umm, can I email someone all by myself?

K: Yes.

B: Will you remind me to send daddy an email after school?

Well, Bailey may not be cut out for the CIA but when he decides to keep a secret no one can budge him. Good job son.

As for Kaci’s present, after some coercion she opted for a trip to Great America instead of boring old clothes. Good job my wife!

No comments: