
Tonight, I tried something new with the kids for reading scriptures. I let Emma pick a word out of the topical guide and I told them we would read a verse about that word. Emma picked Jesus. Well, there are soooooo many areas under Jesus that I let Bailey pick the sub topic. He chose the Good Shepherd. We talked for a bit about why we call Jesus a shepherd and how we are all His sheep. Here is the conversation that followed:Mom: Who are the sheep?
Bailey: We are....but sometimes I am a goat. (Mind you, I had not brought up this parable at all, he was remembering from Primary)
Mom: You are a goat? Why?
Bailey: Well, I am SOMETIMES a goat. Because I do bad things some of the time, not all of the time.
Mom: You can still be a sheep. Sometimes sheep wander off and have to be brought back.
Bailey: Yeah, cause they are out making friends with the goats! (insert silly Bailey laugh here)
We went on to talk about goats and how Bailey thought they were pretty tough and could take care of themselves. But then, we came across reading a scripture in Nephi and he remembered how cool he thinks Nephi is. I asked him if Nephi was a goat or a sheep? He said Sheep, of course! I then reminded him that Nephi was strong and good, but he followed Jesus. Bailey stopped, did his little half smile with a head bob and decided that being a sheep was probably pretty cool too...
No comments:
Post a Comment