Monday, April 13, 2009

Just give me a hack saw

Bailey has mastered two wheel bike riding, and we bought him a "brand new" used bike off craigslist.  The seat was too high and it had to be adjusted.  Bailey told me we had to wait for dad because "moms can't fix bikes"  WELL!  Not to quote Obama or anything but Yes, I can!



So I strapped the bike seat into the vice, took Ben's hack saw and started at it....












And presto!  A modified seat.....




So, then I did have difficulty getting the clamp piece back on, and with a few times online and a few calls to Ben I figured it out.  I was just about to go out and finish when Ben's brother Mike came by and did it quickly for me.  Now, just because I didn't actually end up doing it, doesn't mean I couldn't have.  You can see below the modification I made when Bailey said his behind was sore.  Let me just say that Yes, Moms can fix bike seats-so there :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful! I love it! Good job, Mom!