Nathan was lucky enough to get baptized on Valentine's Day. This is the only picture I took, as it was kind of an interesting day...We were in the middle of crazy stuff with selling the house and I felt a little like Job with everything going wrong. Silly to feel that way when someone is always worse off than you. My friend had passed away this week unexpectedly. She wasn't much older than me, and had four children, and foster children as well. She had health issues for a while they couldn't figure out until she went to Stanford and they found leukemia. She died a few days later from complications of treatment. Within a week, everything changed for this family. This was the second wife this man lost to cancer. Talk about feeling like Job. She was a wonderful lady. She was really wonderful, and not just wonderful because she is dead now and everyone only remembers the good. I've been through a lot in my life, but really it's a pretty good one.
How we spent that night. Mac n Cheese, hotdogs and each other. Don't forget the candlelight.
No comments:
Post a Comment