Tuesday, March 31, 2015

San Diego Anniversary



Let's just say we do not have the best luck with trips when it is just Ben and I. We decided to brave the odds and use a conference he needed to go to for work as a way to get a trip for our 15 year Anniversary. The plane ride took longer than it would have taken to drive there. The first hotel we were in had a weird wet spot on the carpet, smelled and weird hairs in the comforter. We switched to a new hotel that was gorgeous but had valet parking, and people i was supposed to tip and that just makes me nervous. Ben's conference ended up being an all day thing so we had little time together. I was dealing with crazy house issues from the hotel room with only my phone for internet. I stayed in the room most of the time and didn't venture out much in the nice weather.
BUT
We did get to go to the San Diego temple, which was a first for me and it was amazing. I did get to read four books and sit in a room in a comfy robe with no one needing anything from me. I wasn't at home having to clean things up for people coming to see the house. We spent time together when we could. It was a trip away from the every day. Hey! We've been married 15 years, which is pretty cool. I'm really trying to make this paragraph as long as the one above that is all about complaining. I probably can't because it is easy to complain, but things are never as bad as they could be. How lucky are we to be able to go away an do something fun even if it isn't as expected. We are lucky that we really like to be around each other. We are kind of good friends like that...


On the real anniversary day...
 My other half.
And I went to the temple with Melanie...because Ben was working. So, another happy anniversary to Benji! I love you more than Melanie, don't' worry.

No comments: