Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's Late...

Of course I had to stay up late to watch the Bachelor, but had to wait until it was almost over so I could fast forward through most of it.  The show itself annoys me, but I still watch (well, sort of thanks to TIVO).  I have really been wanting to document a few things anyway, so here goes my late night posting...



Bailey told me today that music can help you learn new things.  How, I asked?  Because if you are going to play in Texas, you've got to have a fiddle in the band, he said. 

Emma's idea of romance: Cinderella is not as "romantic" as Sleeping Beauty and Enchanted because no one tries to poison or kill her.  Romance=near death experience...Ok, got it, Emma.

Nathan's adventures while I am in the shower:

Phone rings, so he pushes a chair over to reach it.  By the time he gets up there, it stops.  He looks down and sees a jar of money.  What should you do with that?  Stuff all the change in your pockets, of course! As you do that you notice a plate of leftover chocolate cupcakes...Well, you have to eat one on the couch, right?  But when you accidentally eat the wrapper, it is best to just spit it out on the rug. 


No pictures of our overnight trip to Napa last Friday.  But this is what our room looked like.
And this is what we ate:





Well, what Ben ate- Flash fried Calamari.  I had some really, really good chicken.  And we shared the gooey chocolate cake with gelatto. They brought it out with a sparkly candle we got to blow out in celebration of our belated 10 year anniversary. 
Our table looked like this...minus the wine glasses.  We got a funny look when we said no thanks to wine, we don't drink.  Who goes to Napa and doesn't drink?  Us, that's who:)  The place is called Celadon, and it was yummy.  Their oil and vinegar to dip the bread in was SO GOOD!

We braved a timeshare presentation for a $100 gift card to Macy's.  So worth it as they had a big sale that day and we bought Ben some new work clothes.  We are really good at timeshare presentations, and have scored lots of good stuff from them.  Usually we make up our income and Ben's job, but this time, we were so close to not completely lying.  We just fast forwarded a few years.  I almost laughed out loud when the salesman referenced a legal term and Ben said "oh, no you're taking me back in time to law school...."  Silly salesman, you were played for a $100 Macy's gift card.  Even the "closer" and the "closer's closer" couldn't get us.  I'm afraid one day we'll be put on a timeshare black ball list.


Today, Ben came home after work and we all had dinner together.  He had no books looming, or classes he needed to be at. We ate on our nice plates (the ones that all match!), had hot chocolate with dinner and ate with the candles at the table, just the 7 of us.  I could get used to this:)

2 comments:

oneHeidifamily said...

I am so happy you guys were able to celebrate. I hope it was for not only your anniversary, but also for Ben finishing the bar exam. How do you think he did, by the way?

Cadle Clan said...

So nice! Love the $100 gift card story......