
Sometimes I wish I could be in the kid's classes a little more. I guess to make up for it, I thought I should make them some sunny treats for school just because. I had found this recipe on St. Patrick's Day and then also saw them made at the Relief Society birthday party we had. Once I saw the recipe really worked, I was excited to make them for the kids. I couldn't make them for just one class, which worked out to be a minimum of 70 cupcakes. Let's just say that the cupcakes didn't all match as after multiple batches, you get a bit tired:)
Here is the final product:
They look a little tie die, until you bite into it and then see the lines of the rainbow (in order, thank goodness I still remember). I sent two cans of spray whipped cream in and they were able to top them at school. I think this would be a fun St. Patrick's day tradition for the kid's classrooms, but need to rethink that when at one point that will equate to almost 150 cupcakes.

1 comment:
Good for you for doing this!! I am certain that either your kids, or someone else's, will remember back to their childhood and remember the cool-colored cupcakes that they got in one of their elementary school classes!! And the cool person who made them!! That is what being a kid is all about---those little things that mean the world to them!!
Post a Comment