And follow right along with the coupon trend. Although it can't really be considered a trend if it is practical, right? Here is my cute "little" binder...
With the table of contents and everything. That is actually super helpful.
Here are my coupons stored in collectible card holders, which also works well (all of this courtesy of the Krazy Coupon Lady via Melanie and Arianna)
So far I have saved almost a 100 dollars in doing this for the last two weeks. Not bad, right? Today, I braved it to see how it would work with kids and took them with me to Toys R Us and Walgreens. Total cost for the five board games: $15 *** correction. The total for the games is $7. Even better! (but it is minus the trouble game as I bought the wrong one for rebate and will be taking it back today (and getting my free My little ponies!)
Total cost for the Walgreens stuff: $6 (the candy included in this total was already consumed by the three little munchkins who were very well behaved). That was 8 items averaged at .75 each. Better than the dollar store! Now, this is beginner savings in my opinion as I have seen the piles of items for a total of .30 or something crazy like that, but I am getting there!
These board games will go in the closet for presents. Having two school age kids, they get invited to a lot of birthday parties. Now, I have gits already in the closet. I would normally spend about $10 on a birthday gift, and these only cost roughly$1.75/each, so that works for me! (sorry to any parents of kids my children attend birthday parties for as the "surprise" is now ruined!)



2 comments:
Wow, that's awesome that you are being a saver! I wish I got the newspaper so that I could do the same thing!! Please continue to let us know how much you save in the future, I'd like to know!
It's so much fun, right?
Post a Comment