Friday, March 6, 2009

The Top Ten Reasons to Have Twins (or why it's not that bad)


10. Pictures are fun, even if your twins aren't that cute.  Twins in a picture are just a funny thing (mine are gorgeous of course!)
9. Everywhere you go, people automatically have a new level of respect for you.
8. If you have older children, there is no fighting over who gets to hold the baby--there is enough to go around!
7. Nursing twins burns extra calories.
8. Taking care of twins burns extra calories!
7. During a twin pregnancy you are encouraged to eat cheeseburgers and milkshakes.  Gotta love that extra weight is OK!
6. You get to pick two names instead of one when they are born.  No having to save another great name for the next one.
5. You have a great excuse for being late, even if the twins weren't the problem, it was you.
4. Your arms will become equally buff on both sides.
3. Lots of Presents!
2. They can never complain about not having someone to play with.
1. Two for one pregnancy.  Twice the baby in half the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Cadle Clan said...

I totally agree....I think we are both pretty awesome! :)

Curtis Earl said...

You need to recount....this is a top 12.

THE TAYLORS said...

I love it! you do have a receive a different level of respect... eating food is great.... nursing is good for the body.... arms equally buff, I like it, an acceptable or understandable excuse for being late! And the two for one I agree is the number one reason!!

So seriously, with your hubby gone a lot, do you get lots of help... I mean, five kids is kinda a lot and you have school n such, so I can't imagine how busy you are!! I like the countdown for when he will be done. Will he be less busy, or just a different kind of busy once he starts working?

Harris Family said...

you ARE AMAZING!!! I think those are totally valid reasons why twins are cool and also why you rock as a mom- how cool to push 2 out at the same time! I would love to have twins!!! so fun.

We are coming to visit sac. in April and want to see you-we'll have to get you the dates when we wil be there!

OramHouse said...

Well, technically, it is not AT the SAME time--ouch, painful! But they were only four minutes apart:) Would love to see you guys when you come down--we should have a party:)

Lindsey said...

I love it!!!!
If only we could all have a two for one!