

This is the girls at 20 weeks. We will be getting more pictures in a few weeks when I go in for another ultrasound (benefit of having twins!). The close-up is of Kate, the one with "twin 2" in the corner is Addison. How do we know? Well, Kate's position is closer to the "exit" if you will. She will be born first. Why does it matter? Because we accidentally named our children with their first initials spelling "BEN" (Bailey, Emma, Nathan). This was NOT done on purpose, but now we think it is funny. Now we could have gone for a J name. Then, the other baby could have an I, spelling out Ben's true name:) But, we really liked the name Addison. We have since Nathan was pronounced a boy and we couldn't use it. So, we decided to spell out my name (sort of). Kate will come out first, then Addison. Addison's middle name is Claire. So that kind of spells "KAC" which a lot of people call me anyway. Now, we have since realized that the naming of our twins seems like an obsession with Kate Walsh. She plays a character on Private Practice (formerly of Grey's Anatomy) named Addison. Well, yes we did first HEAR the name when we watched Grey's Anatomy a long time ago, but I wouldn't say it is because of her. Sometimes you just hear a name you like. Our baby Kate's middle name will be Kherington. (What?!!) I know. Well, that is the name of one of the dancers from this last season of So You Think You Can Dance. Again, not obsessed, but you hear a name and you like it. I couldn't ever give my child that as a first name, but it makes a good middle name. So that is the naming story. We didn't want any names that sounded alike. I already call my kids the wrong names! Thankfully the doctor's latest guess is that they are fraternal. Which means they have a better chance of not looking exactly alike. But even if they did and we mixed it up a few times when they were little....who would know:)
No comments:
Post a Comment