Sunday, October 25, 2015

Running to catch up

 It's my fault I have so many posts to make for the Blog Book. This is a condensed version leading up to the first days of school (which were still over two months ago at this point!)
Ben humors me and lets me take selfies at the temple with him.
 We are told El Nino is on the way. This means that our backyard of dirt is threatening to become one large mud pit. So, we are trying to at least get a few things done to keep the mess at bay. Ben made a mold to pour concrete stepping stones out to the spa.
 Kate and Addison obviously love cleaning their very messy room. They are the last two we have to battle with at this point (fingers crossed the others don't regress!)
 I don't know if it was more painful for me or them but they made a disaster look nice again. Since this point, they have done pretty well keeping their rooms clean. Nothing motivates better than no play dates or t.v. until the room is cleaned.
 I am really enjoying working with the 16 and 17 year old girls at Church. We have a lot of fun together. I also get to be in YW with Emma when she comes in soon!
 Our last hurrah of the summer- a trip to the Roseville Aquatic Center with the Cadle's. Emma thought a cinnamon sugar pretzel would be good with nacho cheese.
 The whole gang -minus Bailey-

 We have these little frogs that like to taunt me around the outside of the house. This one wouldn't let me past the front door so I had to go through the garage.
 Emma loves to model her new outfits.


 A sample of pictures from a fun youth activity of water balloon fighting. I was photographer and water balloon provider so I didn't have to get wet thank goodness.
 Nathan's soccer coach wanted them to start getting into shape for the season, so I took Nathan out on a 3 mile run. It didn't phase him at all. I was quite winded though.
 Who can resist a picture of a dad and his non hugging son hugging?
 We had our own family last hoorah of summer and went to Sand Harbor. It was amazing and worth getting up really early to get there by 8 a.m.

 My kids love any kind of beach, even if it is cold. I think I mostly napped and read a book but it was the best day ever.






No comments: