The theme this year was HERO. We were Captain America. I bought this flag blanket at a yard sale and wrote all of our names on it.
Emma wanted to help with decorations so she made this for me :)
I made the mail boxes from milk cartons. I think they turned out so cute! I'm impressed with my limited ability to craft.
I am much better at laminating. So I made these to put up all over our campsite. I let the YW pick which guys they wanted me to make.
Before camp, we had an outdoor movie night to watch Captain America.
Sometimes, watching a movie isn't as fun as trying to do push ups?!
The 16's were able to go on a fun day trip in the middle of the week. The lake was beautiful and thank goodness it had stopped raining. Yup, the first year I have every had to deal with RAIN! I almost went back home on Tuesday. My tent leaked and I was soaked and we couldn't do anything the first day except try to stay dry. I'm not the best camper, so the rain wasn't a big help for me. But, I go through it and even snagged a bed in a yurt so I didn't have to stay in a tent.
I let one of the YW borrow my swimsuit since she didn't bring one. So, I went out in the paddle boat in my clothes. It was a close call and we almost got stuck a few times, but I stayed dry for the most part.
The girls always love to take weird pictures...and so do I, if I am being honest:)
Our Bishop and his wife came up on the last night, and obviously had a wonderful time.
Jodie, the camp director in our ward. I have to say I am glad I was not her this year! It's so much work to be camp director. Although we both look a little tired by the end of the week.
I have made some great friendships over the years at camp. It's one of my favorite parts, and lets me get to know women all over the stake.
By Saturday I am pretty delirious. So I dress up in the girl's outfits while waiting for capers to check us out.


































No comments:
Post a Comment