This Sunday was Nathan's last day in the Nursery at Church. We were talking to him about it and he kept saying "Oh No, I am NOT going to be a Sunbeam!" He is supposed to move up to regular Primary next week into the Sunbeam class. Nathan has other plans, so we will see how it goes. Ben and I finally realized that he just doesn't want to move on in maturity in anything. He doesn't want to poop on the toilet, etc... However, if it involves riding a big boy bike, well he will do that!
We told him to get dressed for bed, which he has the ability to do. And he came out like this...
And then we told him to get his night time diaper and he ran back in and laid down like this...
Rolling back and forth holding his legs back and giggling. Really, Nathan?!
So the next Nathan blog post just might be about his Sunbeam resistance. I am picturing him now shouting "Oh no, I will NOT!" as they try to guide him into the "reverent" Primary room. Then, in his final resistance he will strip down and start running around shouting "I have a penis!" Think that's outlandish? With Nathan, anything is possible.


2 comments:
"Vive la Nursery!" comes the cry from the room full of 3-4 year olds. In the midst of the crowd is Nathan McDonough Oram, one balled up fist in the air, a black beret askew atop his increasingly shaggy hair, a toy gun ominously at his side, and the weary Nursery leaders standing curiously silent in the background. Nathan, the apparent "Che Geuvara" of the Lincoln 5th Ward, has been planning his coup d'etat for some time and the need for action is at hand. There will be no Sunbeams!
OK I am sorry, but that is pretty hysterical! Perhaps he would make a good comedian, as he seems to know how to get others to laugh at a young age...even if his antics ARE inappropriate at times! Thanks for sharing. I hope you guys had a good holiday. Doing anything fun for the New Year's celebration?
Post a Comment