Monday, December 13, 2010

CordeValle

Ever since Ben was hired as a law clerk, I have been waiting for the annual work weekend Christmas party!  The party has always been described as Legend----wait for it---dary(for all those How I Met Your Mother fans).  The party was held at CordeValle Resort and Country Club in San Martin.

This is the golf course Ben and I ran around before the Friday night dinner.  Yes, I ran.  I've been trying to be a better runner as I am still scarred from the days of high school P.E.  
The road leading to our room.

 Our room.  I wish I could have photographed exactly how beautiful it was.  We had a fireplace, dish network on a giant flat screen t.v., a sitting area, walk in closet, and...
 a jetted in room tub!  
Now, those higher in seniority had their own hot tub with a view, but this was just fine for me.  But, a small tip: do not use shower gel for bubbles and then turn on the jets...
 The gift basket waiting for us in the room from the host partner at the firm.  We gave away the wine, but ate the yummy toffee. 
This is the winery we had the first dinner at.  The food was so good, but the best part was the creme brule!  And you could take as many as you wanted:)  So I ate two!

 Ben trying on the center pieces

 Ben was up early and ran up to the highest hill/mountain, whatever you call it.  You can barely see our resort down below in the background
 Here's his new friend he met on the run.

I slept in the comfy bed, which we learned we were the first to sleep on as the hotel had just replaced them all.  The room we stayed in was a bungalow.  There were four rooms like ours in one building, all adjoined by a common area with a living room and a kitchen and bathroom.  Each of us had a private patio and the common one.  Our common area was the Party Room for after the dinners.  
Saturday morning we got up, started driving and ended up in Monterey for lunch.



 We ate lunch ate Bubba Gumps, walked around and enjoyed the warm weather. 


I was able to read two books while there.  It was so relaxing just to sit in bed and do nothing.  Dinner was never until 8, so we always had the entire day to just relax. 

 Saturday night formal dinner party. 

The tables
Ben giving his "new to the firm" speech.  He did a great job (as always!)

The beginning of the end...
The White Elephant game turned into trying on Snuggies and shooting Nerf and marshmallow guns.
Then the party moved to the Party room and well, let's just say there is NOTHING funnier than intoxicated attorneys. Especially when you don't have a sniff of alcohol in your system like Ben and I.  We had a great time and ended up hanging out until 1 a.m.


Tiffany (the newest new lawyer), Ben and I.  Many of these pictures are courtesy of her!

2 comments:

The Wigginton Family said...

oh my gosh. that weekend christmas party gives me hope that law school will be worth it...if only for the sweet treats!!! we're coming home for christmas, hope we can catch up!

Anonymous said...

That dress is pretty cute. Where'd you get it? :) Looks and sounds like a great time was had!