Monday, April 26, 2010

Four Minutes Apart

For my children's lit class, I have to write a children's book.  So I decided it would be fun to write a little book for twins.  I still have to put the pictures together and get it down into a book, but this is the story I came up with.  It's called Four Minutes Apart


Addison and Kate
Twins ready to arrive
Their family excited
For a task of this size

Tumbling in just before nine
Ready to start
They were finally born,
Four minutes apart

A little too early
They needed some help
From doctors and nurses
That could get them well.

They grew and they grew
Finally ready to depart
Home from the hospital
Two weeks apart.

These two little girls
Were quite often found
Snuggled close together
Without even a sound

They learned to roll
Even sit happily at the park
And were often found crawling
One pace apart.

They grew bigger and bigger

They walked and they ran

Kate and Addison had adventures

As only twins can.


Then they turned 5
And it was their day
Kindergarten was here
They were ready to play.

But the class looked so big
As they stepped to the side.
They wanted their mommy
Kate was teary and Addison cried.

Then they held hands
As school was about to start
And walked to their class
Ten fingers apart.