Friday, December 4, 2009

Our New Countdown

On the blog, I have started a new countdown.  I apologize to Ben now as it is not one he wants to be reminded of in the middle of finals, but I had to do it!  The B&K icon was actually offered on this random website I got the ticker from.  I have no idea what it is supposed to mean, but for our purposes, I thought it was funny to have it for Ben and Kaci:)  The countdown is until the Bar is over and taken.  Then, we will have the countdown until Bar results, then who knows? 
Maybe I will do one for when I am finishing school.  Yup, in about a month, I go back...Online for the first class and then on campus once Ben is done with the Bar.  I have 30 credits left, why not... Maybe we are just really trying to stay in school FOR-E-VER!  Hold off those student loan pay backs until we die...Maybe it would work?  :) 
We have lots of things going on this month, so I am sure there will be a lot more interesting blog posts than this.  Blogging is now my one and only online outlet.  For those facebook people who also read my blog, I deleted the account.  No big dramatic reason except it became a time waster for me.  I have no facebook self control!  So, it went bye bye.... 

Because no post is complete without pictures, here are some new ones, courtesy of Uncle Curtis.


Growing, growing...
Two awesome things about Emma:
1. She has been a great help with Kate and Addison lately and they love their big sister.  She desperately wants to be able to change their diapers, but they are too squirmy. 
2. She has finally, after almost six years, learned to clean her room.  The last few months when I ask her to clean it, she actually does!  No more things shoved under the bed or in the closet. 


Always my little boy


Two awesome things about Bailey:
1. As you can see from the picture, he is a great older brother.  He is always there to help and sometimes even helps without being asked
2. He doesn't give up.  Side story: last night I left to go to a Relief Society Christmas party.  Two of the young men in our ward were babysitting and they brought over some Wii games.  I had told Bailey to finish his homework as I left.  I didn't think it would take him that much longer and he would be able to play the Wii in a little bit.  Well, it took him until bedtime.  I didn't know until I got home and he was teary eyed in bed.  When I realized he was crying I found out that he had sat there and didn't even ask to play because he hadn't finished his homework.  So he had to listen to everyone having a good time and couldn't join in.  It would be one thing if his homework wasn't done because he had slacked off.  It wasn't and he is really only supposed to work on chunks each night anyway.  But I told him to finish, and in his mind, that meant FINISH.  My literal little boy... Let's just say, we are renting a Wii game at blockbuster tonight and Bailey will get first pick. 


Nathan kissed by cousin Leena
Oh, Nathan, two awesome things about you.
1. At two years old, you have a sense of humor and make jokes. I have a feeling we have a class clown on our hands
2. You will still take naps, a year past when your older brother and sister decided to stop.  Mommy loves you , but also loves nap time!


Kate-Kate
Two awesome things about Kate:
1. If you ever want someone to smile at you, look anywhere near Kate's direction and you will get the biggest grin ever
2. Kate always does things first, and is probably the driving force behind her "little" sister having the motivation to crawl, stand, etc...



Addie, Ah-di, Ah-son, Addison
Two awesome things about Addison
1. She will always cuddle with me
2. Making her laugh is a great accomplishment and always feels like you did something special, even if it wasn't

There were a lot more pictures my brother took which I still need to post...Maybe next time as this post has gotten carried away!








No comments: