Tuesday, December 22, 2009

An Elephant Never Forgets

And neither does Bailey...

Bailey and I were enjoying a small outing last night to pick up movies and milk (such the combo!)  Earlier that day he had been at the neighbor's house and didn't want to eat a corn dog, only a regular hot dog when they offered him lunch.  I was curious as to why he didn't like them. 

Mom: When was the last time you even had a corn dog to know if you don't like it?
Bailey: October 31, 2008

(yup! He gave me a date!)

Mom: HOW do you remember the last day you at a corn dog?!
Bailey: Remember that day that you and dad came to my class to watch my presentation on Halloween and you thought you were putting my lunch away in my backpack and took it from the classroom and then they thought I didn't have any lunch and then they gave me a corn dog...  It was that day and I didn't like it.

To further explain: Ben had taken the day off last year on Halloween to go with me to a dr. appt. when I was pregnant with the twins.  We had come to see Bailey give his historical Halloween presentation at school.  I saw his lunch on the counter in the class after snack time and thought I would be helpful and put it away outside in his back pack.  Well, it confused Bailey and he thought he didn't have a lunch.  I guess they gave him a corn dog. Funny thing his he had the date right.  Not so funny thing is he will probably have all the dates I make mistakes written on his brain somewhere.  Good thing is, he still loves me!

No comments: