Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009


What says Merry Christmas more than five kids in coordinating pjs on Christmas Eve?!
What is funny is that coordination was accidental.  Must be the twin mom in me coming out everywhere!  Here are all five children on Christmas Eve in their new pajamas.  They love new pajamas on Christmas Eve. 
Side Story* We were out one evening this week (just the kidlets and I).  Bailey noticed all the traffic around the mall and told me they must all be out getting their Christmas pajamas! He really still does believe in Santa.  Although we are pretty sure this is his last year.  He found the wrapping paper this week in our closet and it's only a matter of time before he realizes that Santa doesn't store his paper there.  Emma is very skeptical ever since the neighbor girl told her there was no Santa.  The upside is that once they find out for sure, both Bailey and Emma will really enjoy keeping it going for Nathan and the twins.  But I think the bell might not ring soon when he shakes it:) 

Christmas Morning:


Princess Paper for Emma, Nascar for Bailey and Mickey Mouse for Nathan! Santa doesn't use name tags, just color codes his presents.




They lasted until 7:02 a.m. and got us up.  They know the drill and have all been good at it.  They DO NOT go into the living room, but come to our room instead.  We get up and then go out first to get the cameras ready.  They filed in and pulled their presents from the tree and brought them to the living room to open


Easy Bake Oven!  Woo-hoo! Um, and good for Emma too:)




Nathan got a Mickey Mouse car and a puppy (stuffed!)  Bailey and Emma both have their own stuffed dogs Nathan is trying to steal.  Now, he has his own and it has been by his side for the last two days.


Bailey's "IPod"
Really, it is a kid imitation from Toys R Us, but he LOVES it!  He even asked if he could walk around the neighborhood outside and listen to it.  He likes to pretend to be a teenager walking home from school.  We, I mean, he also got a new Wii game- Monster truck racing.  It was fun until Bailey got better at it than us...


She loves to pose.


We always get them a joint present.  This year, Checkers.  Games come in handy when they aren't getting along.  For some reason, playing a board game makes them friends.  I have no idea why or how it works, but it does so I just go with it!

I forgot to take pictures the rest of the day!  But, we did have a great time hanging out with Grandpa Dave.  The dinner was also pretty good, if I don't say so myself.  My first prime rib attempt was yummy, thanks to Emeril's instructions!  I was disappointed with the Red Velvet cake though.  It was an awful lot of step by step work for a cake that had no pizazz.  It tasted good, but sometimes desserts need more of a wow factor for me...or maybe I just watch Chopped too much.  Maybe next Christmas I'll try to cook dessert from a mystery basket.



No comments: