Just a quick correction since Kaci's statement was offered for the truth of the matter asserted: I am not preparing for a marathon by riding a bike, that would be silly of me. I am going to attempt a triathlon in June. The course is considered a "sprint" triathlon because it is only a 1/2 mile swim, 16 mile bike ride, and a 3 mile run. While the organizers call it a "sprint," this law school body of mine would be lucky to finish in my current condition. Without such a goal to work toward I would just be another exercising fool subject to every distracting whim of entertainment and tosed to and fro by the lukewarm desire to "get into shape." The June event will hopefully act as an impetus that kicks me out of bed in the dark hours of the morning prior to Bar review, which starts next Monday by the way, or encourages one last training session prior to a little pillow time. Moreover, those experienced Bar takers/passers have repeatedly encouraged an exercise routine to facilitate coping with the stresses of Bar prep. Whatever, I just want to be outside for little bit in my slinky black tights. Yah, that is right, I wear spandex tights when I ride or run in the winter.
My night ride on Saturday began at 11:10pm and ended at 11:55pm. It was a pretty nice ride after about 1/2 mile when I warmed up. I rode to the river and switched my newly acquired lights off and pedaled furiously in the inky blackness for the next 8 miles. I slowed a bit at one point to decipher what dark form was moving quickly towards me from the brush on the side of the trail but hammered away again once I recognized the familiar, yet terrifying, black and white stripes of skunk ready, willing, and able to show me who was boss (tail up and hissing like a snake). No thank you sir.
Anyways, the next six months will be interesting and not because I keep acquiring more spandex items which Kaci loves to sneer at me for wearing.
1 comment:
I love it, that's awesome! Good luck! By the way, I need your email address, since I will be making my blog private!! send me a message via Facebook!
thanks
Post a Comment