Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our First Pack Meeting

The 4th Tuesday of every month is Pack Meeting for families and the Cub Scouts.  Bailey wanted to ride his bike there, so I packed up the stroller and we walked (well, I walked and Bailey rode, everyone else I was pushing!) I tried to remind myself all day to bring the camera, but it didn't make it into the diaper bag.  Bailey's den was in charge of the flag, and so in came Bailey holding this huge American flag with the Bailey grin on his face.  He gets so excited for stuff like this.  He also earned two awards for his belt.

 
I took this at home after everyone was in bed.  Bailey earned the swimming and computer achievements.  
Bailey also earned a candy for being in his complete uniform.  I took lessons from Ben how to do it just right since it is usually me at home on scout nights.  The Orams take uniforms very seriously :)  
So, of course, now that Bailey realizes he gets these awards, he is even more raring to go.  He cannot get through that book fast enough, and had me sign off two more things yesterday from the time he got home from school before we had to leave.  He is eagerly awaiting the Pinewood Derby.  I think it has become as important to him as his own birthday.  I have a feeling we have another Oram Eagle Scout waiting to take off!

1 comment:

oneHeidifamily said...

OK, I may be a bit sappy, but that is SO, SO COOL about Bailey being so excited about the Scouting program. And, to be honest, it even got me a bit choked up. To know that there are kids out there who are excited about doing the positive things, and things that that can help them long-term(and not doing things that can get them in trouble with the law or their parents)---that is so AWESOME to see. Yes, I am definitely a social worker!!
Thanks for sharing this wonderful and positive thing with Bailey! I can't wait to hear more!
Take care!