Monday, May 18, 2009

She's a Smooth Operator....or 'Aint Nothin' But a Gold Digga...

 
OK, so old picture of Emma.  But, I remember this day-I bought her the crown for Halloween and she insisted on wearing it throughout the entire mall and all day.  We all know Emma likes the finer things in life....
WELLLLLLL....
Today, when I picked the kids up from school, Emma told me she found some money on the play ground.  She said it was five cents.  I thought she found a quarter or something until she held up a $5 bill.  I hadn't yet left the parking lot, so I pulled into a space.  After asking her a few more questions, I learned that she did not "find" it on the play ground, but little J Oliver gave it to her.  Apparently, since there is a Book Fair at school, many of the kids are coming with money.  Emma was upset that she didn't have any so J Oliver gave her his money so she wouldn't be sad.  Luckily, my brother had come with me to pick up the kids so he stayed in the car while we took the money back to J Oliver and I told him he was very sweet but he should keep his own money.  Emma was of course upset, but we had a talk about not taking money from people.  *Sigh* At five, already getting boys to pay for stuff for her...

2 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

So funny!

Cadle Clan said...

Way to go Emma! She's learning so early.....I wonder what you guys really teach during FHE? :)