Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day with the Red Room!

Today, Bailey's class had a Mother's Day Tea.  Each second grader made a hat for his mom.  Mine is beautiful, of course-see pictures below.  Each mom is supposed to save her hat for next year, and third graders make mother's day pins.  I'll have to find a good spot for my hat!  At least next year I can coordinate with it.  I took some pictures of it so you can see the fine handiwork and craftsmanship!  Bailey was so excited for today.  The class sang a "preview" song from their upcoming production in June about bugs.  Bailey also got to help close the performance by thanking everyone.  He served me a wonderful spread of water, fruit and muffins.  His classmates helped chase Nathan around and made sure he didn't run outside.  They were so careful to watch him, and followed him around like puppies.  All the moms got their baby fix holding Kate and Addison.  So did the girls in Bailey's class.  We had a wonderful morning and Nathan discovered he loves raspberry lemon muffins...Daddy will be proud.

On a side note, I had the "joy" of sitting at the gluten free wheat free table.  No, it wasn't assigned as that, it was a wonderful coincidence.  These moms only ate the fruit and not the muffins.  I was offered a chocolate, gluten free, wheat free cookie by one of the moms.  She had brought her own treat in anticiption.  I probably should not have responded "What's the point?!"  She was a bit taken aback, and so I immediately took one and said "mmmm, um not bad"  Well, it wasn't terrible, but really, what is the point of gluten free, wheat free chocolate?!  I'd rather suffer.  The table then went on to discuss and swap recipies for bread, and some kind of noodles made out of rice!?  I laughed to myself as I thought of my upcoming baking of pumpkin bread this afternoon.  Lots o'butter, eggs, sugar and nothing free about it!  Now, that's food!


 
 Bailey, Nathan and I posing. You can't see the details of the hat here, so enjoy below!
  
Bailey's class.  I love his look here-classic Bailey when he's excited and nervous.  He tried to hold back a smile through the entire song.
  
 My mother's day hat, courtesy of Bailey Designs
 
The full view.  Love it!

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

KC- you look hot woman!! You cannot tell that you have had five children let alone twins recently! I love your hair like that.

I hope you have a fabulous mother's day!!