Sunday, May 17, 2009

If Ben Dies, I will kill him...

Went to Church by myself with all five kids today. I lived to tell the story.  So, here it is.

Ben started his one week, all day class today.  This meant I had to brave the three hours of Church on my own with the kids.  As I woke Nathan up to put him in the car for Church, I had a thought of how much nicer it would be if I just let him sleep and we all stayed home.  But a little solo flying never scared me before.  I mean, I can grocery shop with all five, so what's Church?! 

I was quite the sight walking in.  I was walking with Bailey and Emma, had Addison in the sling, Kate in the carrier, and Nathan by the collar.  I think that's the real reason for dress shirts.  I got lots of let me know when you need helps from everyone as we walked in.  I told them, sure I'd let them know.  But in reality, when you are in the middle of Church, you can't call out and say "Hey, you over a few rows, will you take a few kids?"  Thankfully, my friend, Tana was sitting behind me.  Her husband had stayed home with their youngest, and her mom was there visiting.  So, when Kate and Addison wanted bottles at the same time and Nathan needed to be wrangled that very minute, she jumped in.  We had a few back and forths, trading out twins for one who would be still with her, and then before I knew it, it was time for Primary. 

Again, I was quite the sight, walking down the hall with Addison in the sling, Kate in one arm, Nathan by the top of his head this time and Bailey and Emma falling in line.  I got the first three dropped off, and then headed back in to the Chapel to get my bag so I could head back into Primary to get my secretary stuff done.  Another friend of mine, Tonya, took Kate for both the second and third hour, and Addison was generally a good sport. 

In shifts we made it back out to the car, and then back home.  We were all in one piece.  But now, my arms hurt, my back hurts (hint to Ben if he reads this tonight!) and I think next time we'll just go to my mother in laws ward:)

3 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

If you were stressed it didn't show! I pretty much am in awe of your awesome mothering skills and ability to manage all five of your kiddos. Have you seen us with just one? At least your kids go to class and give you a little break! LOL! Way to brave to unknown!

Cadle Clan said...

Way to go! I've said it before, but you're a rockstar!

Anonymous said...

You are one brave girl! I don't know how you do it! I can barely handle the 2 I've got! Way to go! You inspire me!