Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Maybe it's like your appendix...

Can you see it (or lack of it)? Read below and then come back and look!


Monday night...Oh what a fun night!  I was in cleaning the kitchen when I heard Nathan start screaming.  I went into the living room and found him face down on the floor, his little tricycle on top of him.  Bailey had already rushed to his side, and was trying to calm him down.  I was going to let him just get up by himself and shake it off, but I thought I'd be an extra nice mommy and pick him up.  I noticed there was blood on an animal cracker on the floor, then that there was blood on the floor, then on my shirt where Nathan had buried his face.  I looked to see where the blood was coming from and realized it was his mouth.  So, you know that little flap of skin attached behind your lip to the top of your gums above your two front teeth?  Well, that was detached....  I was able to stop the bleeding, but it didn't look like it would stay that way long.  I called Ben and he eagerly came home (he has a bit of senioritis with school right now).  We weren't sure what it exactly means to detach that part of your mouth. I mean, what is it used for?  Nathan recovered fairly quickly and decided while he was in the bathroom he wanted to go potty.  So I put him on his little toilet.  Well, he sat there for a while until he decided it would be better to pee in the doorway of the bathroom.  I mean, there was already a blood mess for me to clean up, why not pee as well?!  Ben came home and we called the dentist's after hours number.  He called back and said it would be OK until Wednesday when he would be in the office to look at it.   Well, that was today and all is well.  The dentist said that if it doesn't re-attach, it'll be fine.  So, Nathan might forever have a detached whatever it's called.  Everyone has to have some funny thing about themselves to talk about at a party, right?

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

i'm jeaous that nathan is potty training...or at least peeing somewhere other than his diaper. i've been introducing the potty to courtney, but she's not interested