Friday, February 27, 2009

Dear Kate and Addison




I wanted to write you this note.  Right now you are both sleeping and I am trying to get things cleared out and unpacked in our new house, so this will be short.  Although I love you both deeply, your nursing days are sadly over.  I will still pump some breastmilk for you, but it will be mixed with formula.  Now some say you will not be as smart as kids who are breastfed longer.  If this ends up being the case, then the two of you can sit down with your father and I and come up with adequate compensation.  Maybe a new car or a nice vacation?  The fact of the matter is, it was taking a long time to feed you.  Since you do have a sister and two brothers, it is only fair to them that I allow myself to be able to take care of them too.  Besides, look how much fun you are having when they give you the bottle!  Really, consider it sibling bonding time.  Although your other siblings were breastfed a lot longer, do not think that we love them more than you.  If your brains have not developed at all, ask them to read this letter to you.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Cadle Clan said...

I love it! I just posted on my blog that I was done pumoping/nursing. Yes, it takes way too long and if our kids are not smart, oh well....I think a car or vacation will make up for it! I just laughed and laughed when I read this. So funny!