Friday, October 19, 2012

Punkin' Patch

Nathan's class went to Bishop's Pumpkin Patch last Tuesday and the twins and I tagged along. I attempted this once when they were about 9 months old and Nathan was almost 3. Why I did that, I have no idea. I don't think I was making sound deisions at that stage of life...

But thank goodness we are all past the crazy (well for the most part). The twins have been looking forward to this field trip for a long time, as has Nathan. 

 So while we were waiting for his class to arrive, I let the kids play on this fun little stand near the entrance. Anything that keeps them occupied, right? They were climbing on it, putting their hands all over it and just having the best time. Then a staff member comes walking up slowly to them with a funny look on her face and says "Excuse me..." I was bracing myself for her to tell them they can't play on it. She then puts her finished cigarette butt in a little hole in the top. ACK! ICK! I looked down and then realized that was it's intended purpose. I pulled the kids off of it and we stood somewhere else. FYI these pictures were taken before I knew my kids were playing with a giant ash tray.

On the train ride. Nathan was insistent we all four sit on the same bench. He is really social at school but seemed more content hanging with his sisters and me.

More train fun. Is it just me or does the dad behind me look a little scared to be on the train?




They loved picking their own pumpkins. 

We had lunch and then got ready to pick up some fudge for Daddy on the way out. I told the three of them they could get a little basket for taffy and pick three or four pieces each from the barrels. I wasn't surprised when Nathan and Kate came back with about six pieces. But the real shock was Addison filling the basket three quarters of the way full with multiple types of taffy from just about every barrel. It would have taken me 20 minutes just to put each piece back where it came from. I wasn't about to leave it there and say oops sorry I am the lame mom not watching my kid in a candy store while I drool over fudge. So we came home with 9 dollars worth of taffy. Luckily Emma was in charge of treats for Activity days so we bagged it up and sent it with her.



No comments: