Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy October!



So this picture is lame and doesn't fully showcase our cute little Halloween entrance over the front door. It looks better at night in person, so feel free to stop by and admire the awesomeness. 

Speaking of awesome, I must include this fun find. It's a t-shirt that I don't think I would actually buy and wear, but I love it just the same.
This last few months have been, well...interesting in challenges I've faced. So I combat that by working out at the gym with a 25 pound pack on my back. Really the challenges are completely unrelated to the fitness but who wouldn't feel awesome....I guess just being awesome*. 

*Please note blog author's assurance of her own awesome-ness is only in effort to combat the thoughts of others who thinks she sucks is less than awesome*

And yes, I know this blog post is reminiscent of those on Facebook who slyly allude to problems and then ignore comments as to explain further. However, being my blog I guess I can be weird if I want:)


 This was my fortune today from Raley's Hot Wok. I laughed. the kids thought it was funny because according to Emma I cry a lot. 

And now for something not so depressing!

Nathan awoke last Friday morning, looked in the fridge and saw beyond our mortal eyes as he stared at the half full milk jug. "This is no milk jug!"he cried.

This was a Bee. But, to become that bee, the lonely jug must be emptied of it's nutritional nectar. It was divided among four cups (which came out of a dishwasher that had not been cleaned) and lined up neatly on the counter. (I put them all in the fridge later to save it)

Nathan found his magic green scissors, a marker and some glorious tape in order to create...

THE BEE


And of course Addison needed her picture taken as well because sometimes you just need a random picture with no story.

Kate found this classic on our last library trip. I loved this book as a kid and read it a ton.
There once was a boy named Pierre who only would say, "I don't care!" Read his story, my friend, for you'll find at the end that a suitable moral lies there. 
Because he gets eaten by a lion. Sorry, SPOILER ALERT.

I still love this book though.






No comments: