Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Peace, Love and Ice Cream Sandwiches


Sunday, Emma came home sad because one of the girls in her class at Church was being mean to her. I wish I recorded Emma's conversations about girl drama because it is quite humorous at times (or it will be to her many years from now).

To sum up, Emma had told this girl to go home once when she was playing over here. This girl can be a more difficult personality and we had always told Emma if things got too bad to just ask her to leave. Well, Emma can't really do that without a little attitude. This resulted in the girl getting mad, making fun of her almost every Sunday and even inviting everyone else in her primary class except Emma to her party. This was heartbreak for even me when I heard this. We are always working with Emma on being nice to people even when they aren't to you. She struggles with this, as do most people. This last Sunday she was more upset than ever. 

We talked about it as a family over dinner and Emma decided to make her a card and bring her a treat. All we had ready was ice cream sandwiches, so that's what we took!  Emma made a cute card that said she hopes they can be friends and have a great day, etc...

I got a text from the girl's mom that this girl couldn't stop grinning and was so excited to get such a nice surprise. I know it was hard for Emma, but she felt so much better after she did it. Girl drama is destined to be a constant in our home with three (four if you count me!) girls. I'm not really looking forward to that at all. It helps Emma that I am going through a similar situation and we can talk about it. Although it doesn't make her very optimistic that these problems ever go away. I think we might need to stock up on ice cream sandwiches:) If they don't help people be nice to us, at least we can pig out on them.

No comments: