So in our house, poo and pee has taken over our life for way too many years. I think the only break I had was Emma and her wonderful ability to go to the bathroom so easily and so quickly. Other than that, it has been traumatic to say the least. I have kept saying how I am not even going to attempt to potty train the twins until maybe next year. And that was a BIG maybe. But, this last Monday these two girls took off their diapers and told me they were not putting them back on again. They wanted underwear. I kid you not that is exactly what happened. So I sighed, took
some heavy medication a drink of water and got out the underwear. I felt like really living on the edge after they both peed in the toilet and we went to Costco in underwear. Well maybe I wore a diaper for fear of wetting myself from this stupidity. No accidents the entire time. Now, later that afternoon they both had an accident on the way to the toilet and I wasn't about to trick or treat in underwear. But, the next day they insisted again so we went for it. Only one or two accidents but there was a lot more good than bad. As of today, it is 2 p.m. and there has not been one accident from either twin at all. Now, I am bribing them with candy if they go on the toilet. Kate figured out if she goes a little at a time, holds it and goes again ten minutes later she gets more candy. Not surprised at that though. Addison holds hers for hours at a time and then goes all at once. More than anyone wanted to know about my girl's pee habits, right? Well, an unexpected bonus has come from this. Nathan decided he MUST get candy too. And really, how can I not let him have some? If he poops in the toilet and none in his underwear at all, not a skid or anything (sorry TMI) he gets two pieces. Guess who hasn't had an accident at all this week? Yup, and I will keep giving him candy until he goes into diabetic shock if it means I don't have to clean up poop.
But I am still hesitant to write this all down. What if it's a fluke or some horrible prank these three little ones are playing on me? Their evil little midnight conversations about how to really mess with my head... OK, so they aren't evil little things, but I really really want to be over the whole diapers and accidents thing. Really Really Really Really...Please Please Please Please Please......
Do you think that worked?
What would this post be without toilet pictures?! Addison will only go on the little potty and Kate will go on either.
They wanted me to take this picture to send to Daddy to show him their underwear. It looks like they are being modest and covering their tops but really I made them fold their arms to stand still for two seconds.
No comments:
Post a Comment